Ennio Morricone - Psycho (2LP Limited Edition Translucent Red In Deluxe Gatefold Sleeve)
Psycho is the second in a series of five double vinyl releases that bring together some of Ennio Morricone’s greatest soundtrack music. Each collection centres on a different movie genre, together they allow the listener to rediscover the unmatched genius of the greatest movie composer of all time. The Maestro.
This collection is dedicated to Morricone’s work with Italian directors spanning the late 1960s up to the 1980s. These scores accompany some darkly dramatic films, some veering into the realms of horror. The music highlights the psychological tension within the films and contrasts with his work in the USA during the same era. This is Morricone where he feels truly at home, working with the nuances and drama of the Italian psyche as laid bare by Italian filmmakers.
Psycho is available as a limited edition of 3000 individually numbered copies on translucent red vinyl (Only 850 copies available in the UK). The package includes a 4-page insert with liner notes written by Claudio Fuiano. The gatefold sleeve contains a red-spot varnish on the outside and images of iconic movie posters on the inside.
- Second Nebula / Nebulosa Seconda From ''The Secret'' / ''Il Segreto''
- A Quiet Place In The Country (Suite) / Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna (Suite) From ''A Quiet Place In The Country'' / ''Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna''
- Before The Revelation / Prima Della Rivelazione From ''Devil In The Brain'' / ''Il Diavolo Nel Cervello''
- The Infernal Trio / Il Trio Infernale From ''The Infernal Trio'' / ''Il Trio Infernale''
- Percussivamente From ''Forbidden Photos Of A Lady Above Suspicion'' / ''Le Foto Proibite Di Una Signora Perbene''
- Copkiller (Symphony Of A City / Sinfonia Di Una Citta')From ''Copkiller''
- Murder On The Lake / Assassinio Sul Lago From ''Night Flight From Moscow'' / ''Il Serpente''
- Frazione From 'Sonic Dimensions'' / ''Dimensioni Sonore''
- The City Moves / La Citta' Si Muove From ''ï¿½ï¿½tame! Tie Me Up!, Tie Me Down!'' / ''Legami''
- Thousand Times A Cry / Mille Volte Un Grido From ''Violent City'' / ''Citta' Violenta''
- Musica Per 11 Violini From ''A Quiet Place In The Country'' / ''Un Tranquillo Posto Di Campagna''
- The Scalpel / Il Bisturi From ''The Short Night Of Glass Dolls'' / ''La Corta Notte Delle Bambole Di Vetro''
- She Has Come From The Sea / Venuta Dal Mare From ''The Survivors'' / ''Ecce Homo - I Sopravvissuti